Fresh salads are a great way to add fiber and variety to your diet. This quick and easy broccoli coleslaw lends a new twist to the traditional idea of coleslaw, providing more options to your menu and taste buds. There is a very small amount of shredded carrot in the prepackaged slaw, but it won’t be enough to throw you off plan per serving. One serving equals 2 cups of slaw by itself, or you can eat 1 cup and add another 1 cup of raw or 1/2 cup cooked vegetable. It also covers your fat for one meal.
- 1-12 oz. package organic broccoli coleslaw mix (produce section)
- 3/4 cup Homemade Mayonnaise (Genesis recipe on Facebook Client Page), Primal Kitchen or Hellmann’s Organic Non-GMO mayo
- 1 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- Stevia drops to sweeten (if desired)
- Pink Himalayan Salt & black pepper, to taste
(Can also add basil, parsley or celery seed, to taste)
Place the broccoli coleslaw mix into a medium bowl. In small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon, vinegar and spices. (If using stevia to sweeten, only start with a couple of drops and add more if needed.)
Pour over broccoli coleslaw, mixing well. Store in refrigerator at least one hour – but preferably several hours to overnight.