TACO SALAD WITH LIME VINAIGRETTE
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 Tbs taco seasoning (below)
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional)
Mix all together and store leftover for later use.
Heat oil in stainless-steel pan over medium to high heat. Add ground beef, breaking up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, cooking for 7-10 minutes or until beef is browned.
Stir in taco seasoning and stir until mixed well. Place lettuce on a plate and top with 3 oz. of ground beef mixture. Add any of the following to equal two cups (including lettuce):
- Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- Scallions or red onion onions, chopped
- Organic, no sugar salsa
Diced avocado and black olives can be added, as well.
Shredded organic cheddar and sour cream can be added if your plan allows dairy.
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tbs. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Stevia to taste
Whisk all ingredients together in a small measuring cup.