BEEF & BROCCOLI
- 2-2.5 lbs. of grass-fed beef stew meat (can cut other cuts of beef into 1-inch chunks, as well)
- 2/3 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or Tamari gluten-free soy sauce*
- 1 cup organic beef broth
- 3 Tbsp. Swerve or erythritol or 1/4 tsp. liquid Stevia **
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (1/4 is very mild)
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Sea Salt
- Fresh or frozen (thawed) broccoli florets 6 cups
- 1 organic red bell pepper (cut into 1-inch pieces)
Add beef, coconut aminos/soy sauce, beef broth, Swerve/stevia, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and sea salt. Mix well and cook on low for 6 hours.
Add broccoli and red pepper, mix well, and continue cooking on low for 1/2-1 hour, depending on desired crispness.
OPTION: If you can’t be home to add broccoli and peppers and wait for it to cook, you can always add the peppers in at the beginning. Cook your broccoli separately on top of the stove, then add it to the crockpot and mix.
*Braggs Liquid Aminos are found in the healthy food department at most food chains and health food stores. Tamari is found either with the other soy sauces in the condiment aisle or also in the healthy food department.
**Swerve or erythritol can be found at local health food stores (like Health Nut Nutrition) or on Amazon. Liquid stevia is also at health food stores or at many food chains. Just make sure it is pure stevia without added dextrin, sugars, etc. (Hint: Don’t purchase your stevia in the baking aisles.)