CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING
- 4 avocados
- 1 can full-fat, organic coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. sweetener with erythritol/stevia (see below) *
- 1 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp. Great Lakes grass-fed beef gelatin (for firmness)
- organic raspberries for garnish (optional)
Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour into ramekins or dessert dishes and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Garnish with berries, if desired.
It’s also fun to create different flavors by adding other food-grade oils or extracts. Following the above directions, add 4-5 drops of orange oil (available at health food stores) or peppermint oil or extract. There are many flavor options to try. I find that this pudding is best the same day. If you experience an “alcohol” flavor the next day, it’s from the extract that contains an alcohol base. Flavoring with food-grade oils will prevent this.
*Mix one cup of erythritol with 1 tsp. powdered stevia together well. Then use as called for in a recipe.