CHICKEN CABBAGE STIR FRY
- 2 Tbsp. organic coconut, avocado or macadamia nut oil (divided)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. organic chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups cabbage, shredded (can buy pre-shredded coleslaw mix in bags-there is very little shredded carrot for color, but not enough to matter)
- 1/2 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos or Tamari Gluten-Free Soy Sauce (in healthy food section next to soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Himalayan sea salt & freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped (optional)
In large pan, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Cook onion about 5-7 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add 1 Tbsp of oil and chicken. Brown and stir fry 3-5 minutes or until chicken is golden. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
Add the cabbage, bell pepper and Coconut Aminos. Season with ground ginger, sea salt and pepper. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Garnish with chives.