CHICKEN CABBAGE STIR FRY
A stir fry is always a great choice to get your protein, vegetables and fat all in one easy dish. Plus, you can use the leftovers for an easy lunch or dinner another day. If cabbage hasn’t been one of your favorite vegetables in the past, give this recipe a try. Shredding the cabbage and stir frying (especially with garlic) brings out a whole new flavor profile. It is important for those who aren’t big vegetable eaters to give them a try 5 or 6 times to wake up those sleeping taste buds that have been muted from an overabundance of sugars, artificial flavors and additives. Your tastes do change and food actually tastes better. Serving size is 1/4 recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. organic coconut or avocado or oil (divided)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. organic chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups cabbage, shredded (can buy pre-shredded coleslaw mix in bags-there is very little shredded carrot for color, but not enough to matter)
- 1/2 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos (in healthy food section next to soy sauce)
- 3/4-1 tsp. ground ginger, to taste
- Himalayan sea salt & freshly-ground pepper, to taste
In large pan, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Cook onion about 3-5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add 1 tbsp of oil and chicken. Brown and stir fry 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
Add the cabbage, bell pepper and Coconut Aminos. Season with ground ginger, Pink Himalayan salt and pepper. Stir fry for 5-7 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.