MUSHROOM CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 2 Tbsp. coconut, avocado or macadamia nut oil
- 1 stick celery, diced small
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 14 oz. cauliflower rice (make your own, buy already riced in produce dept. or in frozen vegetable section – may have to give or take a couple of ounces if frozen)
- 1/3 cup organic chicken broth
- Coconut Aminos (soy sauce alternative) or Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce), to taste (Kroger carries both)
- 2 cups organic spinach
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
If making your own rice, pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor for about 25-30 seconds until rice-like consistency. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Sauté celery and onions until tender, approx. 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender and browned.
Add the cauliflower rice, chicken broth and Coconut Aminos (or Tamari). Allow the cauliflower to absorb the liquid, cooking until soft but not mushy.
Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Season with sea salt & pepper.