CHOCOLATE ALMOND FAT BOMBS
Thanks to Meredith Dykstra of the Cellular Healing Diet, this recipe has become one of our favorite treats and used on maintenance or as a special treat/occasion. It is one of the best fat bombs I have ever tasted. The optional add-ins help in mixing things up a bit and creating variety. It is a very satisfying treat.
- 1 cup melted, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Kerry Gold butter
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Swerve (confectioners) + 2 or more drops of stevia (to taste) or 1 Tbsp stevia blend sweetener (see below for mix)*
- 1/2-3/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter (no sugar or added sweeteners)
- Optional add-ins: raw almonds, unsweetened coconut flakes, berries
- Paper cupcake liners or loaf pan lined with BPA-free plastic wrap
Melt coconut oil and butter together in a medium pan. Add vanilla, Swerve, sea salt, cocoa powder and almond butter, stirring well with a whisk until very smooth. Add in options - cracked almonds (place almonds in a baggie and break them up with a rolling pin/meat hammer) and unsweetened coconut flakes are great together. Stir well and either pour the mixture into the 8x8 lined pan or divide into cupcake liners in a 12-muffin pan. (You can also sprinkle the nuts and coconut into the bottom of the baking pan/muffin pan and pour the chocolate over them if it's easier.) Refrigerate until hardened and keep refrigerated to store.
*Mix 1 cup of erythritol or Swerve (confectioners) and 1 tsp of powdered stevia well. Store unused portion in a glass jar.