ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
WITH BALSAMIC AND THYME
These roasted Brussels sprouts have an amazing caramelized flavor. The balsamic vinegar and fresh thyme provide a fresh, earthy flavor that will make an ordinary side dish spectacular! They are very easy to make, but present beautifully - looking like you spent a lot of time in preparation. Don’t leave out the toasted almonds for added texture and flavor. One serving equals one cup of cooked vegetable and covers your vegetable and 1/2 fat for one meal.
- 8 cups Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme (can be optional)
- Himalayan sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped or slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 425⁰F.
In a large bowl toss trimmed Brussels sprouts with oil, thyme, sea salt and pepper. Spread them out in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment or baking stoneware. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring once.
Mix the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil until well-blended, then pour over the Brussels sprouts and gently mix.
Place in a serving bowl and top with toasted almonds.