WITH TURKEY BACON & MAYO
- 2-1/2 cups broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 2-1/2 cups cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 cup organic Red Bell pepper, diced small
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small (can do less to your liking)
- 2 slices Applegate Farms Turkey Bacon (or uncured turkey bacon), fried and cut into small pieces
- 1/4-1/2 cup Genesis’ homemade mayo, Primal Kitchen or Hellman’s Organic mayonnaise *
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice or Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme (optional, but good)
- Stevia drops to taste, if you like a touch of sweetness
In a large bowl, stir together the broccoli, cauliflower, red bell pepper, onion and turkey bacon bits.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, until smooth.
Serve immediately, or set in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to meld together.
* You can use a bit less mayonnaise and sprinkle sunflower seeds on your salad for more crunch and flavor.