AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD
Chicken salad is always a favorite and there are so many ways to add variety. This recipe was sent in by one of our Genesis Health Solutions’ clients. When she had a craving for chicken salad, she creatively replaced some usual ingredients for ones that were plan-friendly. It’s a great way to think outside-the-box and create more variety in your meals. Mayonnaise, aside from making your own, is always one of those products that can be difficult to find with the best ingredients. Using avocado as a replacement not only adds flavor, but also provides a very healthy essential fat. This recipe is for one serving and covers your protein, vegetables, and fat.
- 3 oz. organic, cooked chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- 1/2 of a small or 1/4 of a large avocado
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup organic celery, diced
- 1/4 cup zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- Sprinkle of sweet or red onion (can replace other vegetables)
- 1 cup organic kale, romaine lettuce or spring mix
Mix avocado, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper until creamy. Add tomatoes and chicken.
In a bowl, place the kale or lettuce, celery, squash, onion and cucumber. Place chicken mixture onto lettuce.