SHREDDED GINGERED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
This recipe was adapted from Tasteofhome.com. Shredding the Brussels sprouts gives them a whole new dimension of flavor and texture. If you love the flavors of Asian food, this recipe won’t disappoint. It's one of my favorites! One serving equals 1 cup cooked vegetable.
- 1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts (about 5-1/2 cups)
- 1 Tbs. organic coconut, sesame, avocado or macadamia nut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove
- Himalayan sea salt & freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. filtered water (or what is needed)
Trim ends off Brussels sprouts and cut in half lengthwise; then cut crosswise into thin slices.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
Add Brussels sprouts, stirring 2-3 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown lightly.
Stir in onion, ginger, garlic, sea salt and pepper.
Add water, reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.