Chicken Sausage Stir-Fry
- 12 ounces Al Fresca Italian Chicken Sausage or Aidells Chicken Sausage (they have many varieties, use ones without sugar)
- 1 Tbs. organic coconut, or avocado oil
- 1 small-medium Vidalia onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red, orange or yellow organic bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 handfuls of organic grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach leaves
- Himalayan pink sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large stainless-steel pan over medium-high heat. Sauté sausage until brown on one side. Flip sausage over and add peppers, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sauté 5-7 minutes. Add in tomatoes and spinach and turn off heat, gently stirring them into the pan until wilted, but not overcooked.
Change things up a bit by using different vegetables, like broccoli florets, asparagus, zucchini, cabbage, bok choy, etc.
Can be served over a bed of cauliflower rice, too.