SPICY LEMON & GARLIC
This is a very quick and easy recipe with a lot of flavor. You can leave the lemon and basil out and finish with a little touch of toasted sesame oil for a totally different dish. One serving equals one cup cooked vegetable and covers your vegetable and 1/2 fat for one meal.
- 1-1/2 lbs broccoli florets
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper (or to taste)
- ½ organic lemon, juiced and zest (optional)
- Pink Himalayan sea salt and fresh-ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay broccoli florets onto a foil-lined baking sheet or baking stoneware. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat well.
Roast for 20-30 minutes, depending on size of broccoli pieces, turning halfway through.