DIJON HERB SALMON SALAD
Looking for an easy, delicious lunch? Make extra salmon for dinner, add some fresh vegetables and a Dijon vinaigrette and you have a tasty meal that won’t disappoint. This is a great way to think ahead for meal planning. It also provides more variety while cooking less. This recipe provides 2 servings. Each serving covers your protein, vegetable and fat for one meal.
- 6 oz. broiled/baked or canned wild-caught Salmon (not Atlantic), cooled and broken into pieces
- Himalayan sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cucumber, diced into quarters
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup organic celery, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced (or finely chopped green onions)
- 1/2 diced vegetable of choice (cauliflower, peppers, broccoli, spinach, lettuce, etc.)
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Optional herbs: add 3/4 tsp. fresh thyme, 1/4 chopped parsley
Place dressing ingredients into a bullet and pulse until smooth, or
into a small jar and shake very well.
Place vegetables into a bowl. Top with salmon, pouring dressing
over the top.