PORTOBELLO BUN BURGERS
This guilt-free recipe is a great way to have your burger on a “bun” without compromising your weight loss. It's also much more flavorful!
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps
- ½ Tbsp. organic, extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 3 oz 100% grass-fed ground beef
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- Himalayan sea salt & freshly-ground pepper, to taste
Preheat grill or griddle to high heat. Combine coconut oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Scrape out the gills from the Portobello mushrooms and brush both sides with oil mixture.
Mix together the ground beef, mustard, salt and pepper, and form into a hamburger patty. Add to grill, along with Portobellos, and cook until desired doneness. (Mushrooms should only take about 8 minutes. Set them aside to cool slightly while burger continues to cook.
Assemble burgers, using Portobellos as your “bun,” adding lettuce, tomato and Vidalia onion.