GARLIC ROASTED GREEN BEANS
Green Beans are classic at Christmas, only they are usually mixed in a casserole with canned soup and canned fried onions. Instead of masking the flavor of the beans, why not enhance your veggies by roasting them with garlic and onions. You won’t even miss your casserole! One serving equals one cup of cooked vegetables.
- 1-1/2 lbs. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 Tbs. Organic coconut, avocado or macadamia nut oil
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. On a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet (line with non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper-can be used up to 425°F), toss green beans, onion, garlic, sea salt and pepper with oil.
Roast, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring twice.