This is a great recipe from Wholesome Yum, and it’s just in time for Easter and fresh Spring strawberries!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol (can use granulated or powdered)
- 2 tsp. baking powder (gluten free)
- 6 large organic, pastured eggs
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil (measure solid, then melted)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (no corn syrup added)
- 1-1/2 cups organic heavy cream
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol or to taste (grind granulated in coffee grinder or food processor)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 lb. organic strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 9” round or 8” square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol and baking powder
- Stir in the eggs. Whisk together the melted coconut oil and vanilla extract then stir that in, as well. Mix until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to the lined pan and press in evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden and firm.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature, then cut into 1” cubes.
- Meanwhile, make the cream layer. Use a hand mixer to beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add sour cream, powdered erythritol and vanilla. Beat again until well incorporated.
- Arrange half of the cake cubes at the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Arrange 1/2 of the strawberries over the cake layer, including the top and sides against the edge of the bowl.
- Top the trifle with half of the cream mixture
- Repeat layers again, with the cream being last. You can reserve some strawberries to use for garnish.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.