PINK STRAWBERRY DELIGHT
This strawberry recipe is from a great website call Northern Nester. The author/blogger has many wonderful low-carb recipes, as well as diy projects.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1-1/4 cup almond flour
- 1-1/2 sweetener (**see below)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sweetener (**see below)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- naturally sweetened whipped cream
- fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt butter and sweetener together. Remove from heat and stir in almond flour. Press into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- For the filling, warm whipping cream, sour cream, and sweetener over medium-low heat until sweetener is dissolved. Do not boil. In the meantime, mash strawberries through a fine sieve. You can mash the berries first, then strain them through the sieve, too. You should end up with approx. 1-1/2 cups of strawberry "juice" and 2-3 Tbsp of pulp. Discard the pulp and add the remaining juice to the cream mixture.
- Soften gelatin in water in a separate bowl for 5 minutes. Scrape gelatin mixture into cream and stir until completely dissolved. Pour filling over crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Optional: garnish with naturally sweetened whipped cream and berries.
**To make sweetener: combine 3/4 cup erythritol, 3/4 cup xylitol, 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia - ingredients available at health food stores